Pages

One of My Biggest Pet Peeves

Randy is here visiting, so just a short observation for now...

They just left to pick up some pizza I ordered a few minutes ago. (Shhhh, it's from Pizza Hut because Jonathan isn't here and isn't working, so no discount on Domino's.)

But discounts have nothing to do with my pet peeve. I haven't ordered from Pizza Hut for a while, and imagine my surprise when they wanted my phone number, with area code, then got the area code wrong! How can you live in little old Fayetteville and not know the area code is 931, NOT 913?

Answer? Because they're not in Fayetteville! Instead of the local pizza place answering the phone now, they've centralized and you call who-knows-where to talk to someone who may or may not send your order correctly to the correct store, because guess what!? I could barely understand them, even though I think they might have been in the U.S.

And that is definitely one of my pet peeves! I hate calling centralized "stations" that are far removed from where you are, have no idea about what's going on in your area, and the worst is when they're not even from the U.S. and English isn't their first language!

Then to add insult to injury, there are so many other people talking that you can hear in the background, that makes yet one more barrier to being able to understand the person YOU are talking to.

Bah humbug! Give me local people who can understand what I'm talking about, and I can understand what THEY are saying!

Big companies need to concentrate more on CUSTOMER SERVICE if they want to help that bottom line.

0 comments: