Pages

Children's Christmas Programs





I'm a little puzzled.

I just discovered that two churches I know of don't have kids Christmas programs anymore. And that astounds me.

More to the point, I just don't get it. As in, I don't get WHY a church would no longer have a Christmas program for kids to participate in.

When I was a kid, we loved being in the Christmas program.

When my boys were little, it was fun to see them take part in a Christmas program. It's so cute to see little kids acting out the Christmas story. Yeah, they goof now and then, but that's part of what makes it fun and doesn't detract from the story.

So. What's the deal? Can someone please explain to me the rationale of no longer having a Christmas program at church that kids take part in?



I mean, it seems to me it's bad enough that more and more schools won't allow it, but church?

What am I missing? There must be a reason that I'm not seeing, cause I sure don't understand it.

Seems kind of sad to me.

0 comments: