Pages

I'm sooooo tired...

That seems to be my mantra lately. I’m just sooooo tired.

It may have something to do with the fact I’m trying to live 3 lives at once. There’s me, who does the writing and photography and working on websites and trying to start a business, and myself that does the cooking and laundry and inside work, and I who does the outside chores on my own most of the time, and tries to do other farm work like trying to get all this wool packed up and ready to ship.

It helps that Jess takes the boxes of wool with him to work and takes them to the post office. But I’m getting into bigger boxes now with 7-10 fleeces in them, so I set up an account with UPS. They’ll come pick up the boxes. It costs $3 extra to have them do that, but I figured I’d spend that much for a gallon of gas to drive the truck to Fayetteville and back.

Other news - the clock is ticking. I finally officially started my '90 Day Challenge' this week. It’s been one thing after another causing me to postpone starting, waiting for that perfect 3 months to work on it. I finally realized it was crazy to wait any longer, even though the tail end will be during time we’re going to WV and then visiting with Richard, Chrystie and Ellie. I’ll just have to do the best I can.

I figure my life is never going to be peaceful for 3 months at a time to be able to spend on one project. Broken fingers, sick relatives, sick me, visits, farm projects… there’s just always something! So I went ahead and started this past week. I figured it would be easy to remember the date, August 12th, because that’s Richard and Chrystie’s anniversary. (Happy #8 guys!)

I keep learning new things and then realizing I need to learn yet another something to make it work. And have you ever been really immersed in something, but have no one who’s interested in hearing about it??? Fortunately, I have a good friend who doesn’t mind my rambling on and on about what I’m trying to do via email! She may not understand what in the world I’m talking about, but if her eyes glaze over, at least I can’t see it, ha!

Speaking of eyes, I got a postcard telling me it’s been a year since I had a check-up. My vision is giving me some problems, but too bad. It’ll have to wait. The dentist wants to see me too. Once again, too bad, that’s going to have to wait a while. It’s bad enough I have an appointment for a yearly physical with my doctor soon. But I’ve had that appointment for months so guess I’ll go.

Wow, aren’t I cheery! Okay, here’s the deal. It’s taking me a while to get the hang of things, but the second site I put up I got done in half the time I did the first. So I’m progressing. And we have a roof over our heads and food to eat and the bills are getting paid.

I’ve got a poem by my kitchen sink that says it all:

Thank God for dirty dishes,
For they have a tale to tell.
While others are going hungry,
We’re eating very well.
With home and health and happiness
I shouldn’t want to fuss:
For by this stack of evidence
God’s very good to us.

0 comments: