Pages

Here And Gone

It seems like Richard, Chrystie & Ellie just got here, and they’re already gone again.

They had a long day of travel to get here, and are having an even longer day of travel to get back home today. They had to go through Detroit this time, and then to Minneapolis, with 4-hour layovers in both places. I’m sure they will be glad to make it back home and be in their own beds tonight.

In-between those two days of travel, it was great having them here visiting. They were on the go a lot, making the rounds to see old friends. Kind of reminded me of how it was when the boys were young and we’d go back to visit in West Virginia, and had two families’ worth of relatives we needed to see.

The weather didn’t cooperate while they were here which was a bummer. Not just one day of rain, but every day of rain. Not always a lot, but enough to aggravate my pain levels.

The pain didn’t keep me from playing with Ellie every chance I got however. I have to pack as much as I can into the 2 or 3 visits back and forth a year. She’s totally cute, and totally precious.

And I’m sad.
Sad all most of our family members live so far away.
And sad I’m not in better shape to enjoy visits and be a better mom and grandma.

0 comments: