Pages

Past Time For An Update!!!

Oh wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I've been on here. Almost 2 weeks! Oops! It's not that I haven't been online, but I've been intent on my other internet work. Like I've said before, this is my make it or break it year, so I'm really putting my nose to the grindstone and all those other cliches!

Anyway, as to what's been happening around here. . . mostly same old, same old.

But speaking of old, I got another year older since my last post. I was going to get a new office chair for my birthday, but instead opted for a ticket to Florida (leaving one week from today in fact). Just a short little trip, long enough to say hi and see how Ellie is doing, and how Richard and Chrystie are keeping up. I'm flying Allegiant, and the only days open in February were on Wednesdays and Saturdays. And they have such wildly varying rates!

We started out with the plans of both of us going to Florida in April, then saw an opportunity for March, but then Randy wouldn't have been able to be there, so we're back to driving down in April, and I'll just make a flying trip down there by myself earlier to see how things are going. (I just couldn't wait for late April!!!)

Travel plans are also shaping up for the annual trek to West Virginia. As things stand now, we'll go in July, and we're going to take Dad and head over to Elkins and take a ride on a railroad. According to their website, it's a 9-hour trip - "through mile after mile of unbroken, untamed mountain wilderness that relatively few people have actually seen. In fact, this rugged mountain area is so inhospitable, neither early settlers nor contemporary society have opted to settle here. As a result, with the exception of early 20th century resource extraction activities, this stronghold of nature remains largely as it was before modern civilization arrived."

Sounds like a lot of fun. I think we're all excited about that!

Otherwise, we're all doing fine. We all stay busy with our respective jobs. We're all doing okay health-wise. Like I said, mostly same old, same old.

Just waiting for spring. To be the shortest month in the year, February sure seems to last a long time!

And that's pretty much the way it is in our part of the world!

0 comments: