Pages

Down on the Farm

It's been a few months since I put anything on here, and no way I can catch up on all that's beeen going on, so I'll just jump in and talk about today!

It's a bit chillier today, and seems more like a fall day.  I guess since it's October, that's to be expected.  But I'm sure we'll have some nice warm days yet.

Earlier in the week a dead tree fell over in the back yard.  I heard a loud thump and at first wondered what it was.  Earthquake? Gunshot? Explosion?  But when I looked out the dining room window, it was immediately obvious what had happened!

It's been dead for some time, and in fact, Jess previously cut part of the top down that looked in danger of falling off.

Today he cut it in big sections.
He picked up some of the smaller pieces, but the big sections are still too big to be moved far.  AT some point he'll have to cut it into smaller ones before he can hope to get it moved out of the yard.

However, that didn't stop him from burning what he *is* able to move.

But then, he always has been a bit of a firebug.

In the meantime, I'm working inside.  About to finish up a bucket of apples I've been slowly getting peeled, cut-up and frozen.

During the week, we all stay busy with other work.  Jess has been swamped with people wanting him to do estimating for them, and I have plenty to do, and even Jonathan is working a lot of hours.

One thing we never have to worry about is time to get bored.




0 comments: