Pages

A Whale of a good time…

Going to Alaska was the fulfillment of a lifelong dream. Seeing whales in their natural environment was the fulfillment of a lifelong dream. Combine the two and you have a day I’d repeat in a heartbeat if ever given the chance.

Not surprisingly, I took more pictures on this excursion than at any other time. There were whales and seals and eagles and beautiful scenery just about everywhere you looked. It was almost a surreal experience, like I couldn’t believe I was really seeing all those things… postcard moments brought to life.

Some of the pictures are so-so and I could probably delete, but most are decent. I picked out 45 of the better ones to make this slide show.
As always, click on the picture above, and it will open a new page with the slides index page. The first picture is at the top left. There are 3 pages of slides, so don't forget to move to the next one after you get to the last slide on a page.

The slideshow software doesn’t leave a lot of room for captions on the pictures, so if you have any questions about any of them, just let me know. Most were taken in the Auke Bay area, north of Juneau, Alaska.

Also, though my little camera doesn’t take the best videos, but here’s one I took of the scenery as we were headed back to the shore. The noise is from the waterjets and wind.


As you can see, Alaska is a land of stunning beauty!

0 comments: