Pages

Parties Are A Pain

I'm really not much of a party animal these days. but one of the older guys in Jess's Sunday School class just turned 90, and the family had a big birthday party for him yesterday. Now, this is a BIG family and well known in these parts. Also long time friends, so this was pretty much a command performance. Several family members asked if I was going to be there, so there I went.

I knew I'd pay for it before I went. That kind of activity always aggravates my pain levels. But other people don't understand this, so have hurt feelings if you don't live up to their expectations.

We didn't spend more than an hour at the actual party, but it was long enough to see several people I know. Being friendly folk, I got a lot of hugs. Along with hugs there are generally several pats on the back.

And that's where the problem starts.

I knew before we got home I was in trouble. I didn't feel too great yesterday evening. Then I woke up at 4am this morning with tears and moaning, and looked for more pain pills and finally got back to sleep after an hour or so.

I'm used to pain. It has to be REALLY bad to make me cry. The "I feel like beating my head against the wall just so I'll feel something else" kind of pain.

So today I am forcibly reminded why I do NOT go to church or any other gatherings if I can avoid it. It hurts. I knew I'd pay for going, but this is a much worse payback than even I expected.

Parties are a pain.

0 comments: