Pages

Things That Make Me Smile

It’s been fairly quiet around here lately, and there’s a lot to be said for that. And even though it’s Monday, it’s a good one because the rain is over and the rain-pain is gone. It’s back to normal levels of pain, hooray!

So to celebrate, and because I can’t think of anything else earth-shattering to write about (not that this is all so particularly earth shattering), here’s a list of "10 Things That Make Me Smile" -- the first ten things that pop in my head.

1) Getting a good picture. I love to catch a nice, sharp picture of something interesting.

2) The crazy things my parrot says or does, like whistling to try to get me to come where she is.

3) The offbeat things Jess does because I think it’d be neat, like anchoring a log in the pond for our resident turtle to sun on. Good for the turtle, good for me to take pictures.

4) MANfood nights, when Jonathan does the cooking.

5) Looking at pictures of the grandkids. They all make my heart smile.

6) Taking pictures of Ellie because we get to play dress-up and she’s just so darn cute.

7) Getting letters, cards or emails from friends.

8) Thinking wishful thoughts of a camera with 20X optical zoom and image stabilizers, or a laptop that works faster than molasses flowing down a iceberg.

9) Our wacky dog trying to jump after a stream of water with a huge stick still in his mouth.

10) Books and movies with happy endings.

And there you have it, the first 10 things I could think of that make me smile.

0 comments: