Pages

Stand By Me

I'm feeling rather sad today. Someone who was once a good friend passed away yesterday, at far too young an age. A link this video happened to land in my email box. I'm not sure if it made me feel better or worse, but it's good music.


It's from the award-winning documentary, "Playing For Change: Peace Through Music," and comes the first of many "songs around the world" being released independently.

I'll confess, I'd never heard about this and have never seen the documentary, so I have no idea how good it is. But at The Playing For Change website, they say, "Playing for change is a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect and bring peace."

They intend to:
  • Build and connect music schools around the world,
  • Empower students to create/share their music (student performances will be recorded, filmed and shared with members), and
  • Enable collaboration between students of our new schools and students from established schools in the U.S. and abroad.

Lofty goals! I wish them well. Everyone needs some music in their life.

2 comments:

Thanks for your blog. A refreshing breath of fresh air! So different!

 

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed it.