Pages

Back To Real Life

We got home yesterday evening after a long tiring day. By the time we got packed up, made sure the condo was clean and nothing left behind, we weren’t on the road long before we needed to stop for breakfast. We had a late lunch, stopped for gas, another time at a rest stop. . . and well, it was 10 hours before we got home. We went through rain much of the latter part of the trip. Even though I wasn’t driving, I was exhausted.

My mood wasn’t enhanced to look at the mail after we got home and see a bill from T-Mobile. Here’s the thing – I don’t have a cell phone hooked up with T-Mobile. Nope. So why did I get a bill? Oh yeah, you know. It’s more of that stupid fiasco from some jerk (jerkette?) using my credit card info.

Now, never mind that I called the company within half an hour of those people using my card fraudulently to buy phones at LetsTalk.com. I canceled my credit card the same day. So somebody please explain to me WHY T-Mobile didn’t cancel that plan? Cause I sure don’t understand it.

Instead they let them run up a bill of $765.89 – there were FOURTEEN PAGES of charges!

Maybe I’m missing something, but I just really don’t get why they allowed these people to continue using the phone. But now that they have, there are pages and pages of phone calls, many to the same numbers, and it seems like they should be able to use some of those numbers to track down WHO did this. Yet I have this sad feeling they will never bother, but will instead just write it off.

No wonder people keep using credit cards fraudulently. If you’re dishonest, I guess there isn't much incentive NOT to do it. I mean, I canceled my card and called companies almost as soon as this all happened. Seems like I did it as “right” as possible. And still these people got the benefits from using my card fraudulently.

If the company was afraid of cutting off a genuine consumer, seems like all they’d have had to do was call and ask if I’d actually signed up for this.

Well, I can say “seems like” a jillion times, but it doesn’t change what is. All I know is nobody gets my info over the phone again.

On the good side, when I called T-Mobile this morning to ask about the bill, they told me they’ve marked it as fraudulent, and are taking steps to be sure it doesn’t hurt my credit and I don’t have to pay the bill because it wasn’t “initiated by the true consumer.” That’s great of course, but it still SEEMS LIKE they could have saved me some stress and never allowed the billing in the first place.

Yep, we're back to real life all right!

In the meantime, I’m glad to be home even though it’s been raining. At least I should be able to avoid eating hamburgers for a while. I mean, who goes to the beach and eats seafood just ONCE, but tries out every new hamburger joint they see??? Five Guys Burgers & Fries, WhatABurger, the usual Wendy’s. . . well, you get the idea. I told Jess I don’t want to see another hamburger for a month, at least!

And of course I took pictures. . . hopefully I’ll get them sorted soon and put some of them up.

2 comments:

"I mean, who goes to the beach and eats seafood just ONCE, but tries out every new hamburger joint they see???"

Yeah, really... what kind of crazy person would do THAT?!

 

Well, okay, I do know SOME people who would love to do that.... ;-)