Pages

TEN DAYS!

If you have to ask "Ten days until what?" then you haven't been reading my blog much, ha, ha!

Going to Panama City Beach just seems like the right thing to do. I mean, after all, I'm from West Virginia. It's in the Appalachians. What's that got to do with it? Well, read this:

"Ever wonder how our beaches stay so clean and powdery white? Panama City Beach's legendary pure white sand resulted from quartz crystals washing down from the Appalachian Mountains centuries ago. Along their journey, the crystals were bleached, ground, smoothed, and polished until the surf of the Gulf of Mexico deposited these millions of grains of sand on the shoreline."

Therefore, it seems only fitting that I should go visit this beach, since it's made with quartz sand washed away from the land of my birth. (Does that sound pretentious, or what?) What it sounds like to me is as good an excuse as any to go to the beach!

I'm just thrilled we're going! Not that I'm big fan of sunbathing, but I love to walk along the beach, and I'm sure we'll go for several long walks. Of course, I will probably take my camera along, just in case the opportunity for some picture taking comes up. . .

27 miles of white sand! Ocean air and sunshine! Seafood! Photography! Reading! Watching the ocean from our balcony!

Just ten days. . .

1 comments:

It sounds like all kinds of wonderful to me! (Thanks, Jess, for taking such good care of Tish.)