Pages

Vacation Eve

Hey, if you can have New Year's Eve, I reckon you can have Vacation Eve. At any rate, tomorrow is the big day, and we're headed to Panama City Beach. Hooray!

I had a loooooooong "to do" list. I actually got it all done. I'm a bit astonished.

The laundry is done. The ironing is done. I shampooed the carpet in the living room. I made sure all bills coming up in the next week are paid. I watered plants. I made food bags for the parrot with birdie bread, hard boiled egg and apples, so all Jonathan has to do is open one up each morning and put in her bowl. I printed out a "Critter Care" sheet so he knows what needs done for all the animals while we're gone.

I've got a brooder set up in case any of the remaining peafowl eggs hatch. I don't really hold out much hope there, but as sure as I didn't, they would. And then Jonathan wouldn't know what to do with them!

I put a new flea collar on Toby, as his old one was shot. Jess got mowing done and the gutters cleaned out and the car cleaned up.

Our clothes are all packed. Stuff is pretty much ready to throw in the car in the morning, although I'll admit to some misgiving that everything is going to fit! Clothes, groceries, etc. for a week . . . it looks like we're moving!

Getting ready for a long vacation is a lot of work! But once we're headed south, oh boy! A whole week of goofing off, wow!

Just so I don't forget my camera . . .

1 comments:

You've covered all your bases. Have a great time in Panama City Beach and don't worry about a thing. And please don't forget your camera!