Pages

A Family Classic

When I was hunting for a picture of me as a little girl for the previous post, I came across this picture:



It's definitely a family classic.

That's a year and a half old Jonathan under that blanket. We were camping near Mystic Seaport in Connecticut. It was Richard's 5th birthday (I believe he had a ship cake with little Lego men on it), and we were enjoying a family vacation.

At the time the picture was taken, the boys were supposed to be sleeping. Dale had just got after Jonathan, telling him to settle down. Jonathan immediately went perfectly still.

It was obvious he thought that if he couldn't see us, well, we couldn't see him either if he just held nice and still, and then maybe he wouldn't be in trouble.

His ploy worked. Not because we couldn't see him of course, but because it was so funny, we couldn't help laughing.

And it's hard to be stern when you're laughing so hard.

4 comments:

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

Thanks for that... and I'm sure my turn will come :) And yes, I *do* remember a ship cake w/ legos, so it must have been a good one!

 

That's one of those priceless pictures--and memories! Oh the preciousness of a child's mind.

 

Your boys were so cute .......... even under blankets!
I remember Liz and I playing Hide and Seek when she was little. She was "hiding" behind the sheer curtain in her bedroom as I called out: "Where's Elizabeth?" And I heard her little voice respond, "I'm at a meeting!" I practically fell down laughing ... Mommy left (disappeared!) 2 nights a week saying that I had a meeting and would be back later.
I love how kids think and how they see the world.
By the way, we just got a wedding invitation from cousin John; he and Lauren are getting married on the 14th. Had you heard? Mike is going out to the wedding; I have to stay home and work. Dad decided not to go (for various reasons).
Love to all.

 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.