Pages

Getting My Traveling Shoes Ready

It’s been quiet for the first couple of months of 2008, at least traveling wise. However, there are plans being made to change this stay-at-home venue, so I’m getting prepared.

One of the things I noticed a need for in all that flying around last year is a laptop case on wheels. My laptop is heavy. Zipping through airports with it slung over my shoulder is tiring for this old gal. I started looking for such a case as soon as I got home from Alaska. Trouble is, they’re all so expensive.

Help came from an unexpected quarter last week. An acquaintance who sells Avon advertised a set of luggage which included a laptop case on wheels. Even better, the price for the entire set was less than the laptop bags I’d seen. Of course, the luggage is bright red, but I figured that’s all to the good. It will be easier to keep track of among the sea of black luggage!

My Canadian travel agent (aka Chrystie) is working on a time for me to go visit Steinbach. Right now, it’s looking like an early April visit, so March is still stay-at-home time.

But then we’re planning to travel again in May. We’re heading for Oklahoma so Jess can visit his family. We’re going around Decoration Day to make it easier to see people all in one place. I’d love to see them plan another reunion, but the relative who so ably planned the last one had a house fire, and is busy with getting her house fixed back up. Maybe next year!

Then we’re also planning a trip to West Virginia in July to visit my family. This should be great fun, because Richard, Chrystie and Ellie are flying down, and Jonathan is traveling with us, so we’ll all get to visit with Dad/Grandpa and Maria, Scott & Caleb. I’m sure the boys will also want to see their Grandfather Boggs.

By the time we get around to visiting everyone, I’m sure it will be another busy year!

2 comments:

Like it and red is good ,,,,,suits you Tish wow wish i could travel some ,,lucky you,,,Gal xx

 

Yes, please, bring that bright red thing up here -- maybe it'll melt the snow! :D