Pages

Party on, Shop till ya Drop, & Keep on Keepin’ On!

This past Saturday Jess and I cleaned up and put on some decent duds and went to a party in the middle of the afternoon. Amazing! I can’t remember when the last time was I went to a party but the four Tate Boys were throwing a shindig for their Dad, Homer, to celebrate his 80th birthday.

It was held at the church so they’d have plenty of room and had a good place to put on a little program and have some speeches. It was enjoyable hearing some of the childhood stories about our friend, but it didn’t take long until sitting in a pew really bothered me.

After the program, there was a reception in the fellowship hall and I had a chance to see a number of people I haven’t talked to in ages. It was mostly enjoyable, but why does everyone have to pat a person on the back? I need a t-shirt that says, “Please don’t touch my right side.” or “Left sided pats and hugs only!”

Sunday morning I went grocery shopping on my own. I don’t do that very often, because I get tired pushing that full buggy and picking items up, put them in the buggy, put them on the check-out counter, put the bags in the buggy, put the bags in the car… it’s nice when I have an able helper but he was most decidedly sick. At least he was up to helping me carry in the groceries when I got home.

Which brings us to Monday, when I took my sickie helper to the doctor. Yes, he had the flu, and that left him with a sinus infection, and here’s a prescription for an antibiotic and cough medicine. After a trip to the pharmacy and grocery store for some yogurt (probiotics!), we went home and collapsed. Jonathan is feeling better, and is supposed to go back to work tomorrow.

As for me, I’m trying to be well! Ignore the scratchy throat and sinus headache, keep on keeping on! Well, I at least get the “have to” chores done for feeding the critters, both the ones outside AND those inside.

Now another bout of rainstorms is moving in, so I wouldn’t know if I have the flu or not. The aches and pains are pretty similar from the weather induced fibromyalgia pain and aches and pains from the flu. That’s life!

All a body can do is keep on keepin’ on.

0 comments: