Pages

Green Light for Canada!

My most excellent travel agent completed arrangements today, and I have tickets reserved for a flight to Canada. Oh yeah, and back too. When we were checking out dates, I asked Jess how long he thought I ought to stay. He said, “Stay as long as you want to.” I said, “Okay, how about if I stay a month?” He says, “Not THAT long!” I reminded him he said to stay as long as I wanted to, but he declared there were limits after all. I think he’s afraid how he and Jonathan would fare cooking meals and doing laundry for such a long time, ha!

Anyway, after checking the various flights available, and trying to get the best possible combination of departure and arrival times, I picked my flights, and have an itinerary. It was a trade-off which airport to fly out of, Huntsville or Nashville. It works better for Jess if I leave from Huntsville, but it means instead of one layover, I’ll have two.

I’ve leaving around noon on April 10th, and after two layovers in Atlanta and Minneapolis/St. Paul, hope to arrive in Winnipeg by 9:30pm. By the time we get back to Richard & Chrystie’s house from the airport, I suspect I’ll be pretty well done in after such a long time traveling.

But then I have the next 4 ½ days to visit, before I have to head back home on the 15th a little after 1pm. That may be stretching Benjamin Franklin’s adage, “Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days,” but maybe since I don’t visit that often, they can put up with me for an extra day or so.

Besides, I’ve got to have enough time to spoil Ellie before I leave.

1 comments:

Yay! We might even try to get some of the snow melted before then for you ;)