Pages

Getting ready to fly!

I've been busy today, scurrying around hither and yon, getting stuff ready for my trip to Canada. Besides the usual critter chores today, I needed to make birdie bread and make up daily food packets for Jonathan to feed the parrot. Jess can do the outside chores, but it might be nice if he kept his fingers intact, so I'll let Jonathan feed the parrot.

I've gathered stuff up to take, packed and repacked, trying different suitcases in an effort to figure out the easiest way to get everything I need from here to there. I have some outfits for Ellie, 2 cameras, a laptop, and oh yeah... some clothes for me!

I'd about decided to check-in two suitcases until I saw Northwest only gives you ONE free check-in these days, so it was back to rearranging and cramming one suitcase full to check-in, and go with two carryon pieces. Hope Richard and Chrystie and Ellie don't get tired of seeing me in the same clothes all week, ha!

When I go by myself it's a little more difficult since there's no one to help carry everything. That means everything has to fit into luggage I can manage. At least one piece has to have wheels, and the other piece needs to sit on top of that so I can wheel them both. I've tried carrying bags over my shoulder before, and that just doesn't get it. If you've ever run through airports before, from one end to the other to make a flight, you know what I mean. And a pain problem in one side makes it even harder.

I'll do a little last minute packing in the morning, but boarding passes are printed for all three flights, so hopefully I'm good to go! Now if the airlines just cooperate and there aren't any late flights or other messes.

Here's hoping for smooth sailing tomorrow... uh, flying!

0 comments: