Pages

Butterflies

No, I’m not talking about the butterflies flitting around outside, although I have seen some already this year. They’re lovely to see, but not the type of butterflies on my mind right now. I’m talking about those butterflies you get in your tummy, like before a flight or speaking in front of a crowd or whatever takes you out of your comfort zone and makes you a little edgy or downright anxious.

So why do I have these butterflies? Well, today I signed up for a 6-week course on internet list building and marketing. It has two main coaches, 12 other experts giving teleseminars -- lots of videos to watch and homework to do. I’m going to be one busy person as I try to do all my usual chores, plus try to finish up work on remodeling the bathroom, and get through this course.

It’s like taking a college course, and it isn’t what I’d call cheap. In fact, to my way of thinking, it costs a lot of money, but if it delivers as promised, it will be well worth it. I’ve been looking for some sort of work I can do at home off and on for a long time, got really serious about it the last few weeks and done a lot of research, and now have to be even more INTENSE.

Some of this stuff is going to be way out of my comfort zone, but I can’t have a business online without learning how to market. If I flub it up, I waste the money. If I flub it up, I’m no further along in my quest for income. If I flub it up, I have to start over trying to find what I can do and working online is about the only way I can see of making a living while dealing with a chronic pain syndrome and fibromyalgia.

I can’t afford to flub this up. I’ve got butterflies.

5 comments:

Are the butterflies getting bigger as we age? It feels like it some days.

Good luck! Don't forget to rest.

 

Hi Tish
Well i have been thinking along those line too no ideas yet but no doubt soon it will become clear i ma relatively new to PC,s so maybe i need to do a course in something ????
Love Kieren x

 

Of course me saying "don't worry about it so much!" won't help, I know... even you telling YOURSELF that, given that annoying brain/heart(or stomach?) disconnect we so often feel. Still, even if you were to "flub it up" (which I find highly unlikely), don't think of it as a waste -- you're still learning SOMETHING no matter how things turn out. To quote Thomas Edison: "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
(Hopefully that doesn't sound like a setup for "failure" -- that's not how I intend it!)

 

Yes, I think the butterflies might get bigger the older we get. We're running out of time to try new things, ha, ha!

And this certainly is new stuff for me, and there'a s lot more to it than slap a webpage up and think people are going to flock to it and buy whatever you're selling, because there are millions of people surfing the web, right?

& I agree it wouldn't be a total waste if this doesn't work out, but I'd sure hate to spend so much money for a failure.

Still, if they live up to their end of the bargain, it should be okay. My biggest fear is even after all this research getting scammed with an inferior product.

 

You are very gifted. If anyone can do it, you can.