Pages

Dad's Surgery

Dad had his surgery today. They actually did it on time, and he got his right carotid artery cleaned out and back in his room, in ACU (Advanced Care Unit).

I talked to Lynn a couple of times and she said the doctor said things went well, and Dad was doing well.

Later in the afternoon, about 2pm our time, I called Dad to check on him. He was having trouble talking and said his throat was swollen, and he'd just told the nurse about it. I didn't talk long since it was obvious he was having difficulty.

In less than 20 minutes Lynn called to tell me the hospital had called her, and they took Dad back to surgery as he had a hematoma. I presume there was a leak in their repair work, so they took him back to fix it.

Last I heard was from Maria later in the evening. Dad has a drain in his neck, but will still go home tomorrow if things go okay from now on. He'll be staying a night with Lynn, just to double check he's doing fine before he goes home on his own, and far away from hospitals.

What a mess! NO surgery last week when he was supposed to have it, and TWO surgeries this week.

Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

0 comments: