Pages

More Updates...

At least I did get a couple of little things posted this week, but here are some further updates…

Aftermath from my fall – I really thought last week was the last time I’d write about that. I was wrong.

I called this morning to see about an appointment with my regular doctor, as my finger is still hurting and the knuckle is very tender to touch. I had a bad feeling about that. It’s been FIVE weeks since I hurt it. Even a pulled tendon ought to be feeling better.

The doctor agreed, and feels like I must have broken a bone. She sent me for x-rays, but I won’t know anything about the results until Monday or Tuesday.

I asked my doctor what she’d do if my finger really is broken. As long as no bones are displaced, we can just let it heal on its' own, and I’ll just know why it is continuing to hurt for so long.

If something is displaced, that’s another story and I have to go see an orthopedic doctor. I don’t want to think about the implications there. The idea of any surgery on my finger, or a splint on it, is BAD NEWS. It’d sure make it difficult to type!

I’m optimistic, however, and really don’t think anything is displaced. It was never swollen for one thing. I’m betting on a hairline fracture somewhere.

Blog &”School” Updates – I’ve been working full tilt trying to get a month’s backlog of posts for my “Health Food Made Easy” blog, so when I get started on my 90-Day Challenge I can concentrate more on it. I'm not there yet, but I’ll continue to write blog posts as much as I can during the first part when it’s slower, then hopefully when I’m really swamped later on, I’ll have enough blog posts I won’t have to worry about my main blog.

If all goes well, sometime next week I’ll start on the challenge. I want to have it done before we go to West Virginia in October. It’s only the first 90 days that count towards the contest, so after that if I slow down a little now and then, it just means I’m not building up my money-makers as quickly. So I need to finish before we go on our little vacation so I won’t matter if I goof off a few days.

Family Stuff – Dad is having a procedure done next Tuesday to unblock his carotid artery, which is 80% occluded. He said it’s done under a local, but they’ll keep in the hospital overnight just to double check he’s okay. We offered to go up if he'd like company, but he seems comfortable doing it mostly on his own, though Lynn will probably take him there and pick him up again the next day.

Weather: Back to no rain, temps in the 90’s, and even an air quality alert because of high ozone and lots of particulates in the air.

I guess that pretty well sums up the week!

0 comments: