Pages

Life in our neck of the woods...

We could have been in Gatlinburg this weekend. We had a wonderful invitation and I would loved to have went. But we also have 3 trips coming up during October and November, and as I’m sure you’ve noticed, the price of gas keeps going up, while Jess’s work is slowing down. Now is not the time for lots of extra spending.

Plus I’m still trying to work through the 90 Day Challenge. (Even if I can’t win, I don’t want to be a quitter!) Life is rather busy around here what with one thing and another.

And while parts of the country are getting lambasted with rain and high winds we’re having hot, dry weather. Weather wise, it’s summer here. It was way too warm out there today. Not thrilling, but better than being pounded by a hurricane!

Anyway, here we go, updates from our part of the world!

I’ve sold and shipped all the wool except for 2 huge boxes still waiting for payment. I’ll be glad when UPS can visit me one last time for one last shipment of wool. This has been a major project I didn’t really need right now, but never dreamed I’d get such a response to my small ad.

Jess didn’t have much work last week, but you never know from week to week what will happen. He talked to one guy Friday that might be giving him some work this coming week, so hopefully he’ll be a little busier. If he’s going to the office, might as well have something to do!

Jonathan got the permanent crown this past week on the tooth that recently got the root canal, and has an appointment for the next major cavity repair that will hopefully NOT turn into another root canal. Besides working at Toys R Us, he’s been helping me when I have technical difficulties, and he’s also working on a new website.

I worked on learning more new software this week. I worked on writing articles. I worked on building new websites. I worked on writing new posts. I worked… on a lot of things.

And of course if I run out of things to do computer-wise, there’s always cooking and laundry and other housework, and farm chores. Who has time to ever be bored? It’s sure not a problem around here!

Other glitches… the shutter button on my camera came off. A repair was attempted, but it didn’t work. I’m back to using my older digital camera. It has a small 1” screen which I have trouble seeing these days, and it doesn’t have as good a telephoto lens. I miss those things. Maybe somewhere down the road I’ll see if the camera can be repaired.

On a positive note, the bathroom is very close to done. It’s been a whole lot of money and a lot of work for such a small room. We need to do a few paint touch-ups, and I need to buy a new clock, but other than that, it’s done. Hooray!

Like everyone, we have our ups and downs, and stay way too busy, but we’re hanging in there and pushing on. And that’s the way it is here in our neck of the woods.

0 comments: