Pages

Thoughts About The Mystery of Mailing CDs + Thinking About A New Picture

First off, as I was putting a Netflix movie out in the mailbox this morning, I got to thinking.... how is it that we get movies from Netflix in a flimsy paper envelope every week that are never broken, yet when Richard tries to mail me one in a plastic jewel case, with file folders and padded envelope protecting it, the post office somehow manages to bust it in two, while still in the case I might add!


That takes talent! But what I wonder is this - do they treat Netflix mail with greater care because they're a big customer? How does Netflix manage to mail all these CD's with no protection from breakage?


Surely the USPS, being a government run service, wouldn't be guilty of taking better care of a big company's mail than us regular little consumers, would they? (That was said with some major sarcasm, just so ya know.)


Secondly, when I turned on my laptop this morning I got to thinking I really needed to replace the picture on the "desktop" screen. The one there is getting pretty old, since it was taken while Richard and Chrystie and Ellie still lived in Texas. :-(


Here's the one I picked to replace it.

It was taken when I was in Canada this past April. Richard's good about getting pictures of Sussern Mama with Ellie. It's about the only time I don't scream about having my picture taken!

So there's my two thoughts for the morning, musing about mail, and thinking of new pictures. I know my having thoughts is a rare occurrence, so just thought I'd share them.

And now I must get back to work!

0 comments: