Pages

Home Alone!

I'm sitting here at my computer getting ready to work, but I just had to take a minute to commemorate a momentous occasion.

I've got the outside chores done with critters fed outside and also inside, I've had breakfast and have a chicken in the slow cooker for supper, and I just took the weekly snail mail out to the mailbox and brought back the garbage cans. I've got some laundry going, and I just put the bird on one of the perches on her door in the office. I'm ready to rock and roll!

And the house is quiet. Really, really quiet.

Why is that you say?

Well, Jonathan is in Huntsville looking for work, and going to meet a guy to play a tabletop miniature war game. Jess went off to work in Madison, as he had a couple of guys really pushing for him to do some work for them. So they are both gone.

Yes, for the first time in over six weeks, I am HOME ALONE! WOOT, WOOT!

In all fairness, the guys have gotten pretty good about leaving me alone during the day while I'm working, and not expecting me to fix them lunch. But it's still not quite the same as being all by myself, no one else making any noise or doing anything in the house, just me, myself and I at home. (Well, okay, the bird and turtle are in the house also, but the turtle never makes any noise, and the bird... sometimes quiet, sometimes entertaining, but usually good company.)

So for today, at least, quiet reigns.

0 comments: