Pages

Tidbits of Good News

It’s not always gloom and doom around here, although sometimes it feels that way when I’m feeling a little stressed or depressed. And of course, right now BAMA fans are feeling a little blue after losing at the Sugar Bowl. (Dare I say it? It wasn’t a very sweet game for them!)

But hold on! There’s actually lots of good news, too. Since seven is supposed to be such a perfect number, here’s a list of seven of the nicer things that have happened lately, in no particular order --

* Grandson Ryan’s team won the high school 6A Florida State Championship. (Dave, Ryan and Emily in picture at left.)

* I got notice back from Social Security that they do NOT need to do a comprehensive review of my case this year.

* Jess is doing really well with his physical therapy, and eating better. (Still working on sleeping at night however!)

* I’ve got the new software loaded for working on-line, and “attended” the first on-line Q&A session tonight. I need to go through all the training modules so I can understand more of what they’re talking about! On the bright side, I got chosen as one of about 7 people to send in our questions directly to one of the CEO’s. They’ll answer all our questions and make a FAQ sheet for newbies.

* While it’s taking me a while to get used to the placement of my computer desk, having an office I can work in is GREAT. It’s at the other end of the house from all the action – tv in the den, the kitchen and bathrooms – so I’m out of the path of traffic and noise. I sat in here tonight with my speakers on listening, and wasn’t bothering anyone with my stuff, and they weren’t bothering me. FANTASTIC! Once I get all my books and stuff moved in here, it will really be super.

* It’s warmer outside. I can use the water hoses to fill buckets. No ice anywhere.

* My laptop was having trouble staying on AC power, and would keep flipping to battery power. I figured it was either a loose wire in the AC adapter cord, or the plug-in had loose prongs, or the computer itself was going haywire. Hoping for the best, I found a clone AC adapter for $15 and ordered it. I’ve been using it for a couple of days now, and happy to report (knock on wood!), the problem seems to be resolved!

So see, we have tidbits of good news happening here too!

2 comments:

Tidbits of good news are always wonderful! I love the "I Spy" game, mentally recording (and praising!) the blessings in each day.

 

Agreed, it always helps to focus on the blessings!