Pages

Getting Ready For A New Week

The weekend is almost gone, but that's okay. I'm ready to get started on a new week. The only bad part is that I'll only have one day to work, then have to take a day off to travel to the Atlanta, Georgia, area because I have another appointment at the Fibromyalgia clinic.

That's good/bad. I hate the time and expense, but it's good because I usually learn something new I can do to help improve my health.

We've already got our copies of Ellie's new big calendar. That order was processed really quickly! I would guess they don't have a lot of calendar business right now, but come the latter part of November and all of December, and things will move a lot slower.

Anyway, I think the calendars look pretty good and am pleased at how well they turned out. Now I'm waiting to see what all the smaller desk calendars look like, as I have an order placed for samples of those also.

I'm still learning the quirks of my new laptop. Sometimes it zips around and does something I didn't really mean for it to do. The touchpad and buttons are pretty sensitive. That's good most of time, but sometimes it's also annoying.

I was telling Jonathan about how cool my laptop worked for my webinar, and that I thought the picture was even better than my desktop computer. He got that "Well, DUH..." look and said, "Mom, your laptop has an HD screen, and you're using a CRT with your desktop. Of course it looks better!"

Then he wanted to know if I'd thought about trying to watch an online movie from Netflix. It doesn't cost any extra to watch movies online. It never occurred to me, cause it's sure not something I could have have done with my old laptop, but since he mentioned it. . .

Well, of course, I had to try it. First off, I found an episode of Law & Order SVU and got it going. And oh yeah, it works. Almost too well, because gee, what a temptation! This weekend I've watched Sherlock Holmes episodes, and old Star Trek episodes and. . . I'll have to be careful or I'll have some "time users" of my own, ha, ha!

Otherwise, it's pretty much same old around here, and that's not all bad. We're plugging away, and doing well for the most part. So that's the news for now from our part of the world!

0 comments: