Pages

Christmas Dinners & Broken Eyeglasses

Well, yesterday we had our annual dusting of snow. It looked pretty cool (literally and figuratively). I went out and took a bunch of pictures. Toby liked that because it meant while I walked around in the woods, he got to run all over creation.

Jess went in to work yesterday morning, and it took him an hour to get there because of some road closings and detours. It’s just as well it wasn’t a regular work day, or there would have been numerous wrecks. People in the south get all rattled when they see snow. Just the forecast of snow puts them in a panic - QUICK! Go to the grocery store and buy milk and bread!!!

Anyway, tomorrow morning I plan on putting a bunch of the pictures up on the RuralRamblings.com site.

Jonathan came home sick from work Friday, and hasn’t stirred out of the house all weekend. That means I was on my own going to the grocery store for the second week in a row. Bummer! I think he’s feeling a little better this evening, and says he’s hopeful he can make it to work tomorrow.

Jess attended a Christmas dinner after morning church services. It was for the “older folks” Sunday School classes. They were doing some story telling about past years at church, which I think Jess really enjoyed. There are several older than he is, and have been at the church longer.

Yesterday my eyeglasses fell apart. Literally. In two pieces – a lens and earpiece on one side, and a lens, earpiece and nose piece on the other. It’s such a tiny little connection between one side/end of the nosepiece and a tiny little section of the wire around the lens that it connects to. Jonathan tried to use some of his special model stuff to mend it. It “cured” overnight, and I put them on this morning.

So I tried wearing them while driving to the store, and did all right until the first time my glasses were slipping down my nose and I forgot and pushed them up. They immediately fell apart again. Fortunately, I had very gingerly put my clip-on sunglasses on them, so they held the two sides together until I got to the store.

Guess the cure didn’t cure my glasses.

Well, I found an old pair of eyeglasses that are all in one piece, sort of. There’s a crack over an inch long down the middle of one lens, and the end of one of the ear pieces is broken off and just a sharp metal piece sticking out. I wrapped that in lots of tape, and am just peering around the crack. So it looks like a crackpot world to me. (No wise cracks!)

Guess I’ll call the eye doctor’s office tomorrow.

0 comments: