Pages

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Ever do something that seemed like a really good idea.. but wasn't?

I'm a pro at that sort of thing.

Like I got the bright idea to use the installation disk for Office that came with my laptop and put the program on my desktop computer, so I could have the same version of Word and Excel on both computers.

The only problem is once I got it installed, the program asked for the serial number, which I DID have. Only trouble is a message popped up informing me the program had already been used, and obviously they don't want you to use it again, so after "x" number of times, the program won't work any more.

Great. Instead of making things easier, I've complicated them, because now I'll have to UNinstall that set of programs, try to find the installation disks I had for the older versions, and REinstall them. Boo, hiss. You pay enough for these programs you'd think they'd let you put it on another of your own computers.

Another one of my "seemed like a good idea at the time" was to buy a set of headphones that will plug into the jack on the telephone. They work okay with the regular telephones, but when I use them with my cell phone, I get a lot of static.

Worse, when I try to use it with Jess's cell phone, like tonight when I wanted to listen to a training call, the phone would disconnect just as soon as it connected. Dial, ring, connect, disconnect. Unplugged the headset, and the call went through fine. Well, rats.

Then I got the bright idea to do a "12 Days Of Christmas, Country Style" for the Rural Ramblings blog. Well, I like the post I ended up with, but it sure took a lot more time than I envisioned when I first got into it.

But it seemed like a good idea at the time. . . yeah, I get a lot of those.

0 comments: