Pages

Almost Ready!

We're leaving tomorrow for West Virginia to visit my family. It seems to take me forever to get ready for a trip! Gather some stuff up, rest a while, then work some more.

My list seems endless:
* Make critter care sheets for our farm sitter (aka Jonathan!),
* Gather up camera equipment I want to take,
* Pack up my laptop computer,
* Make sure laundry is caught up and pack up clothes we want to take,
* Snacks and drinks for the trip,
* Water my inside plants,
* Check the eggs in the incubators and remove old eggs that aren’t developing,
* Make up sacks of food for Jonathan to feed the parrot, Baby, each day,
* Get cards out to my Chemo-buddies and military penpals,
* Get my game turn done, since it’s due tomorrow night, and
* Change my email groups to web only, so my mail box doesn’t get clogged up.

That’s just the stuff I wrote down, but there were plenty of other odds and ends I needed to get done.

I also made up two 6-quart crock pots of vegetable-beef soup this week and froze it in individual size containers for my dad. Those will be packed in a cooler tomorrow morning.

We’ll also need to do some other last minute things tomorrow morning before we leave, like morning chores, so we can rearrange the animals to make it easier for Jonathan to care for them while we’re gone. And we’ve got to get all this stuff packed in the car. It’s amazing how much stuff a person needs for just a few days.

My legs ache from being up and about so much, but I’ll be sitting a lot tomorrow, since it’s about a 9-hour drive.

Here’s praying we have a safe trip there and back, nothing goes wrong at home while we’re gone, and Dad got rid of the fleas in his house (long story).

Be back in a few days. So long for now!

1 comments:

I'll pray for safe traveling. Have a wonderful time, and don't forget to rest when you need to.