Pages

Two Steps Forward, One Step Backward…

As predicted, there was a major payback for so much physical activity Wednesday, but I was feeling better by yesterday afternoon.

However, I woke up this morning, and pain was on my mind. And in my muscles and bones and… hmmmm…. feels like RAIN PAIN. Earlier in the day I sent an email to a friend and mentioned I felt like I usually do before it rains, but I didn’t suppose it would.

Write this down -- I was wrong! (I know, amazing! Kind of like finding out the Pope is Baptist or something, huh?)

We did indeed get rain. In fact, it rained off and on all afternoon. Mostly just sprinkles, but when we went out to do evening chores and checked the rain gauge, we actually had 3/10ths inch of rain.

Guess it really was and is the dreaded Rain Pain.

In spite of that, I did spend some time in the garden, but mostly I’ve done less physical things like working on the computer. As I sit here on the couch with my trusty parrot by my side, I’ve read my email. There were several nice emails from friends, and I got fantastic news that Richard, Chrystie and Ellie have plane tickets to come visit the last of October. Hooray!

Baby likes to hang out close by her people!

I’ve also done some shopping. Online shopping, oh yeah! That’s the way to shop! No crowds, no lines, no driving, no gas money… just lounge around and check out stuff without ever moving from your easy chair. (How come it’s an easy chair? As in “take-it-easy” or what?)

I’ve got a few things I need to get for the trip to Alaska. (Have I mentioned I’m going to ALASKA!????!!!!!) And I need a decent jacket, a good pair of walking shoes, plenty of batteries for the camera, and well, there’s a list almost too long to contemplate.

There’s much to be done before then.
Yes, I must get serious about shopping.
Cause ready or not, in 50 days, Alaska here I come!

0 comments: