Pages

My Dad's place in West Virginia...

I took some pictures of my Dad's house while we were visiting.The view above is actually the back of the house,
but the driveway comes up to it, so that's where people go in.


The picture below would be the front of the house. It overlooks the highway way down below, and the river across the way. I drove most of the nails in the decking of that front porch. (For those who don't know, my first husband and I built this house. When we made one of our many moves and left, my dad and Mary bought the house and moved there.)

This is the view when looking to the left while sitting on the front porch. These towers are part of the power company down the road.


The picture below shows the Memorial (lower left) to the men who died when the cooling tower collapsed they were working on at the power plant. It's located where the house I grew up in once stood. On the other side of the main highway is the new cemetery, located on land that was once part of our family farm.
You can also see the Methodist Church we attended while I was growing up.
The Ohio River is in the back ground, and of course, Ohio on the other side!

2 comments:

Talk about taking you back... it's weird to both see what's the same & what's changed! Funny how you always remember things as being SOOO much bigger when you were a kid, too :)

 

Yeah, things do shrink down when you grow up. :-)

If you think it takes YOU back, consider I spent the first 18 years of my life there, and wow! An awful lot of changes! We used to bale hay where the cemetery is now, and of course, as a kid I lived in the house that isn't there any more, but a memorial stone plopped down there instead.