Pages

Just one of those days…

Some days it’s hard to get going. The fatigue keeps my motor from turning over, and the pain sometimes completely stalls it out. Why is it when I have extra things that need done, I seem to slow down even more?

We’ll be leaving a week from tomorrow for a trip to West Virginia to visit family. I have a bazillion things that need done before then. Okay, maybe not quite that many, but it seems like a LOT.

For instance, I always have to make sure things are caught up and everything in shape for someone else to look after the farm while we’re gone. That takes a surprising amount of time. The laundry has to be caught up so there are clothes to pack and take on the trip, and all the other usual things people do getting ready for traveling.

Yep, there’s just a lot to get done.

The usual list is more than enough to keep me busy, but this time I also need to make some vegetable soup and pepperoni rolls to freeze, pack in a cooler, and take to my dad. Not at his request exactly, but because he’s been wanting some, and the lady who cleans his house and stuff “suggested” to him and me that I should make him some soup next time we visited. Since trying to do that during a short visit would never work, the only alternative is to make it ahead of time and take it with us.

I had planned on getting part of that done today, but my body didn’t cooperate. I can only hope tomorrow is a better day, cause I still have those bazillion things to get done.

And time is running out!

0 comments: