Pages

It’s a typical Monday…

Or, "Can I have some cheese to go with these whines?"

I started the day behind. For instance, usually I get the weeks humor mailings started over the weekend, setting up a template for each day and filling in some of the data. Instead, I had to spend time clearing space on my hard drive as it was full up again. Since I can only sit so long at the desktop computer, I didn’t have enough time to work on the humor mailings. That meant I had to do it today, and it took a big part of the morning to get the 5 templates set up for the week, and finish today’s humor mailing and send it out.

The humor stuff takes up a lot of time, and ever now and then I think of ending it, especially after someone complains it’s not up to their standards. My all time favorite was the message sent via my husband that I “needed to raise the bar.” Hello? This is a FREE mailing, you subscribe when you want to, and you can also UNsubscribe at any time if you don’t like it. But I persist as there are also those kind enough to say they look forward to it, plus I use printed copies in letters to my military penpals, veterans, and Chemo buddies.

Since I spent so much of the morning on the computer, it was late before I got outside to do needed chores. And very, very HOT.

First I needed to clean the egg mess off the sidewalk where some critter broke open some old eggs. That wasn’t so bad, with just picking up the big pieces, and spraying the rest off. Then I had a complaint about the smell on the front porch. Okay, Peepers has been out there a while, and time to move her cage and sweep up all the extra food she scratched out of her bowl, scrape the poop off the concrete, scrub it with soap, and spray the area off.

By then I was already tired, but I needed to make sure the animals had plenty of water to drink in this heat, so I headed out back. First thing I did was open the door to the peafowl’s pen and punched a little hole in my finger with a stray wire. I managed to get all the buckets and pools filled with water, and sprayed out the troughs, and so what if some had several drops of blood in them?

I’d saved watering my rose garden until last figuring it would be easy. Wrong! There was a hose pulled out into the yard, but it fell several feet short of the rose bed. There was no way I could stand there and hold my arm up long enough to water all those plants, so I went searching for another hose to add to the end.

I found one looped around a fence post, but it was quite long, and I got tired of threading it through the space between the woven fence and the barbed wire. I tried to pry the fastener holding the barbed wire loose without success. I finally went for a set of pliers to help get the barbed wire out of the way and get the hose out. The heat was getting to me, and I’d had enough!

Once I got the hose hooked up and the water turned on I discovered I’d done all that work for nothing, because there was a big tear in the hose I hadn’t noticed. Okay, I’ve got to find yet another hose. I remembered we used one some time back in the goats pen, so went looking. That took considerable tugging as the grass had grown up and around it.

FINALLY I got the hoses connected and got the roses watered, the birdbath refilled, and the hummingbird feeder washed out, plus filled the pool in the sheep’s lot. Before I quit, I went in and got fresh hummingbird food and put in the feeder.

By the time I finished all that I was very, very hot, and very, very tired. I figured the best way to cool off was to take a shower, but knew it was going to hurt. When the pain levels are up, my skin also gets hypersensitive on my right side from backbone to breastbone, making it rather “ouchy” when the water beats on it.

The 'Monday mishaps' weren’t done with me yet, as when I flushed the commode the chain came off the workings and I had to take the top off and bend over to dig around in the water and find it and get it connected again.

By that time, I’d had it, I quit, that’s it for today, I can’t take it no more! Good thing I already had supper in the crock pot!

1 comments:

I so enjoy your blogs; I just wish you felt better. I read the article about the "spoons." It was a very good explanation of what it is like to live with chronic pain. You work so hard; so many of us waste our good fortune.