Pages

Of heat, camera lenses and a parrot…

Today it’s just too hot, but every once in a while, I still had to go outside.

For instance, I needed to walk to the mailbox this morning. On the way out the door, I slipped on a pair of plastic clogs and grabbed my camera. I just acquired a “new-to-me” wide angle lens I wanted to check out. I bought it used from a reputable dealer online. It looks like new, but cost less than half the original price. I hope to use it a lot on the trip to Alaska.

Anyway, I figured I'd shoot a couple of test pictures along the way to the mailbox. I like to multitask whenever possible, ha! The first picture of our pond was taken with the “regular” lens on the camera. Note the white chair to the right on the bank (you can just barely see it, about 2/3rds the way down from the top).


I used that chair as a reference point, keeping it to the right, then took the same picture with a wide angle lens. Here’s the result:

Cool, those wide angle lenses really do make a difference. Look how much more I got in the second picture taken from exactly the same place as the first!

But the heat! While standing there taking the picture, my clogs got so hot they were actually burning my feet. The thermometer we have in the shade says 98 degrees F. Yep, it’s just WAY TOO HOT today!

After I put the mail in the box and came back inside to the blessed air conditioning (which hasn't stopped running since it kicked on this morning), a certain little bird popped her head up from behind the couch where she was playing…

She’s kind of like a “birdie periscope”, checking out who is going by. Once she sees who it is, she generally goes back down behind the couch to play some more.

Never a dull moment!

0 comments: