Pages

More rain! & a general update...

It's almost 10:30pm, and the rain predicted hours ago is finally here.

It was a gorgeous day otherwise. I christened the screens on the new storm doors, and used them today for the first time. No heat, no a/c, just wind blowing through the screens. Right now it's 75°F. in the house, but if the temperature drops as quickly as the weatherman predicted, that sure won't last.

Jess is feeling poorly with a nasty cold and didn't go to work today. I've got a feeling he won't make it to work tomorrow either, unless he has a near miraculous recovery overnight.

Jonathan is feeling better and was off from work today. We took a load of 115# worth of magazines to the recycling center. Yes, I said 115#!!! They've obviously been piling up for a long time, and time to get rid of them. I'm on a mission to clear all the excess stuff out of this house!

Then we went grocery shopping - not one of my favorite activities.

I also spent some time this afternoon on Behr Paints website. They have a neat little program called "Color Smart" that allows you to choose one or two colors, and they bring up palettes with suggestions of complementary colors. I think after a lot of looking and getting some feedback from Jonathan, I've decided on the colors to paint the walls and ceiling.

I now know what toilet I want to buy, what sort of countertop/sink, the colors of the paint, and the type of vanity and etagere. Now all I need to do is get the wallpaper off the walls, and get all this stuff ordered and/or bought, and the work done.

Simple. (Imagine much rolling of eyes here.) Okay, I need to keep envisioning what it's going to look like when it's done. Lots of work, but big improvement.

Not so simple, but worth it.

1 comments:

I love Behr. Taylor plays with the color match computer every time we're in Home Depot. I need to take a sample in to get the right colors for the kitchen cupboards.

Do we get to see pictures?