Pages

Reporting In: Spin Off , Llama Lunacy & Picture Not-Perfect!

I haven't written for a while, but things just keep happening. Here are a few updates:

Spin Off

Early in the week I sent out emails to several e-groups with an ad for my spinning wheel. I bought it after we moved here, having wanted to learn to spin for as long as I can remember. Even when I was a little kid I had a toy spinning wheel. (Anyone else remember the “Little Red Spinning Wheel”?)

Well, the lady I bought the Ashford wheel from didn’t keep up her end of the bargain and give me lessons. Then health intervened, and my thoracic neuralgia makes it difficult to hold my arms up for long periods of time. I finally decided there wasn’t much point to hanging on to an expensive item like a spinning wheel when I’ll never be able to use it, so I advertised it and by the end of the week it was sold.

I’d feel more depressed about that if it wasn’t for the fact I got an email this week telling about a new camera coming out in May. It’s the second-generation upgrade to my present camera, with fixes for most of the things I don’t like about it. And guess what? It costs exactly what I sold my spinning wheel for. I figure it must be fate and I was meant to have a new camera. (Picture me with a big grin here.) And I should be able to sell my present camera and still come out some ahead, so it all seems like karma or something, right?


Llama Lunacy

We’ve had a little llama for a long time. Her mother died while she was still young, so she thinks I’m her mother. Well, Thursday we finally got her a buddy. He’s quite handsome, and as soon as Blogger cooperates, I’ll post pictures on the Rural Ramblings site. The funny thing is, she positively refuses to acknowledge he exists.


Picture Not-Perfect

Saturday Jess and I got all dressed up in the middle of the afternoon and headed to church. No, it wasn't a party this time, they were taking pictures for the church directory. It's really neat that these days you can go right in after the picture taking session and see what pictures they have availalbe. The only problem I could see was the photos looked just like us.

We got an 8x10 free, and decided since we hadn’t had a formal picture of just us since the ones we took right after we got married, we’d buy a few. Even a few pictures costs a bunch! But I figure whoever we give a picture to will be so grateful to have such excellent pest control, it’ll be worth every penny.

I've got more updates to come, but three's a charm, so that's it for now!

0 comments: