Pages

People Update

This morning is snail mail morning, and before I get letters ready to go out, I thought I'd stop in here and do a quick update.

First there's Jesse:

His knees are giving him fits, and he moves closer and closer to having surgery. He was thinking about having them both done at once, but isn't sure that a) the doctors will do it, and b) he really wants to go through the misery of having both knees replaced at once.

Work wise, he got some more jobs in this week, so he's keeping busy now. Hopefully, that will continue. I figure if he's going to drive down there every day, he might as well have something to do that will make money! That way he doesn't have to employ all those "time users."

He's teaching a class at church on Wednesday night. I know he's a good teacher, so I have no doubt that it's going well.

Then there's Jonathan:

His health nemesis lately has been his teeth. He had one root canal done, then went back to the dentist to start the other cavity repairs, only to end up having a second root canal. Worse, they ended up having to give him so many shots to numb his jaw that he had pain in it for several days. The dentist said it was because they'd irritated the ligaments holding the tooth on the "micro level". Anyway, he's got the temporary cap on it now, and goes back in a week or so to get the permanent crown.

Then he'll get to all the other cavity repairs, of which there are many. He's going to have a whopping bill there at the dentist, but luckily for him they have payment plans!

Work wise, he's still plugging away at Toys R Us. The "season" officially started this week, so anyone hired now is considered temporary help (read NO benefits), but it doesn't get brutally busy until the day after Thanksgiving.

He's also working on a new blog, Wargamer Haven. I did the set-up for it, and I'm doing the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and some other things, and he's doing the writing. It's part of my course work. Yes, it's fair to use something he's writing. After all, most of this is based on using PLR articles which someone else wrote. We're just supposed to do a little rewriting of them.

He had a few comp days he had to use up by the end of September or lose them, so had a couple of long weekends. He did some special projects for me like putting new solar lights up by the steps, and we cleared all the painting stuff out of the living room and put it in the basement. The bathroom is close to being officially done. There's some touch-up painting that needs done, and I need to buy a new clock and some rugs. Oh, and I need a picture or something for one bare wall.

And then there's me:

Let's not go there on the health stuff. I'm having a hard time of it today. I have a sinking feeling my fibromyalgia isn't going to like the cold weather, and to add injury to insult, my supposedly healed finger HURTS. Okay, 'nuff said.

My work is going. Not as fast as I'd like, but it's going. I'm learning lots, and have lots more to learn. I have several more courses waiting for me to go through once I finish the 90DC. I'm especially looking forward to the next one. I think it's going to be more applicable to what I want to do than any I've taken so far. It's a case of continuing continuing education. There's always more to learn. I hope my brain can hold it all!

I looked at the calendar today and realized that our trip to WV is only 3 weeks from Saturday. Then Jess sent me an email and reminded me that THIS weekend is the Fiddler's Convention in Athens which we have attended almost every year since we've been dating, then married.

And then in November Richard, Chrystie & Ellie are coming to visit, and then we get to go down to Florida and visit with the Sanfords and Randy, and we're soooooo looking forward to all of this! Truly! We haven't seen much of our far flung family lately, so it's definitely time for visits.

Like everyone else, life is busy! Sometimes, in fact right now, ALL of the time, it's TOO busy! I can't complain of being bored I guess.

0 comments: