Pages

The Latest Knee News

Tomorrow Jess has his first day of LOTS of therapy (about 3 hours). It's going to be tough, because he's having a lot of pain in his left calf. The ultrasound they did yesterday didn't show any problem, but his leg is swollen and hot. We've been putting ice packs on it.

The back of his legs are almost a solid mass of bruises. Did you notice the one on the side of his knee in the picture below? Well, it looks like that all over the back of his legs. I guess once they pulled the tube out of his knee, the rest of the blood leaking out just seeped into the tissue there. It looks pretty awful!

Since Jess didn't have any therapy today and is able to do more for himself, I took some time today to go home and do some laundry and take a shower and get some stuff from the grocery store. Jonathan is doing a great job looking after the house and farm animals, which makes all this a lot easier. Guess that's the silver lining in the cloud of no more Toys R Us job. I don't know how I would have mananged otherwise.

While I looked through the mail, I didn't have time to get online and do some stuff. I need to place a couple more orders for Christmas stuff, but I just didn't get it done and I won't do it from the hospital over unsecure wi-fi. I don't know how in the world I can be ready for Christmas. With all the trips we made, then Jess having surgery, I just haven't been able to keep up, let alone do the extra stuff needed to get ready for Christmas.

We'd already decided to cut way back this Christmas, and aren't buying big presents for each other. I did get Jess a couple of pecan trees, but those were for his birthday. Christmas is going to be Scrooge-like this year, and presents just aren't happening.

Well, I guess Jess got a new pair of knees for Christmas, how's that? And we went to visit family, so there we are, Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

And more family's coming to visit you post-Christmas, and you give us a place to stay when we do, so Merry Christmas all around again! ;)

 

Yep, it'll be Christmas on Valentine's Day.