Pages

One Last Message from Huntsville Hospital Lobby

I hope this is the last message I write and post from the dining area close to the gift shop of Huntsville Hospital. I've been walking across the street to get here, sitting on a bench near a wall outlet, plugging in my laptop and hooking into their free wi-fi. It's not a comfortable place by a long shot, but at least I've been able to pop in and check my email now and then, and make some posts here to tell how things are going.

The electric has been out twice today, and we were switched fairly quickly to generator power. However, not everything works when using the generators, including being able to move the beds up and down, or the head of the bed. Also, the tvs do not work.

Jess checked on the expensive injectible meds he's going to need. The pharmacist gave him an estimate that is WAY better than the $500 a shot they talked about here. That was a major hurdle overcome. The rest is just getting the house workable for him to get around, taking him to get the staples out Monday, and to outpatient therapy.

We're so ready to go home. I've already started packing stuff up and carrying things to the car. When they cut Jess loose tomorrow, we'll be out of here so fast their head will spin!

Merry Christmas to us... we get to go HOME!

2 comments:

Congrats on the successful surgery. I'm so happy for you that you both get to head home in time for Christmas. I'll bet the animals will be very happy to have you back!
Merry Christmas to you!

 

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I don't know about the rest of the critters, but my spoiled bird is sure glad to see me.
Merry Christmas!