Pages

Taking A Day Off. . . Mostly

I like Sunday’s. It’s as close to a day off as I get. Jonathan and I do go to the grocery store, but other than that and fixing a little something for supper, that’s all the work I usually do.

Now I ought to be finishing up the laundry, but I’m being lazy. I’ll try to fit in a load or two during the week. I didn’t get it all done yesterday because I got a late start on housework. Instead, I spent a couple of hours during the morning on another class. This one was really intriguing, talking about neuroscience.

It was a personal development class, and the actual title was “The Neuroscience of Success.” It’s amazing all the new things being discovered about the brain, and how we learn, and why we do some of the things we do. Totally fascinating! I was intrigued to discover how much our brain opts for a sort of homeostasis, wanting to maintain the status quo so much it will actually often sabotage us trying to change our behavior.

But I will also admit that sometimes I find it rather disconcerting to discover how much of our behavior is controlled by chemicals swirling around in our brain. Fortunately, there are ways being discovered to get around that to some extent (without medication, thank you very much!).

As for today, I’ve worked on setting up humor mailings for next week, and am trying to get snail mail ready so I won’t have to spend much time on it tomorrow morning. I’m hoping my internet connection will behave itself, as it has been winking in and out again today. It’s quite annoying to be working away and all of a sudden you’re no longer connected.

I’m hoping for a productive week with NO major problems. I hope it’s not a case of “To Dream the Impossible Dream.” I’d rather opt for “Let The Good Times Roll!”

0 comments: