Pages

Getting Used To New Stuff

This week I got a couple of major new things, and now I'm getting used to them.

First off, I got a new pair of eyeglasses. I ordered them some time ago, when my old eyeglasses broke in two. However, I was able to get the old eyeglasses soldered together, so wasn't in any hurry to get the new ones.

Still, since Jonathan needed to go up to Fayetteville to have the tires rotated on his car, I decided to tag along and go to the eyedoctor and get my eyeglasses.

Then I had my laptop worked on. When I bought it, part of the deal was a free upgrade to Windows 7. The disks finally arrived, but since I needed to have the networks fixed, I decided to let an I.T. expert do both.

So one of Jonathan's friends came over Thursday afternoon and spent over 5 hours fixing my computers. I'm glad I didn't try installing the new O.S. because it wasn't easy. There were glitches that he'd never seen before. Leave it to me or my stuff to do something weird!

He had to remove the Google toolbar, and then he had to remove the McAfee software that came pre-installed on the computer. Talk about something that must have a HUGE footprint on the system!!! It took about 45 minutes for it to un-install. That is totally unreal. What a resource hog.

Anyway. he was finally able to install Windows 7 and now I'm learning to use it. While it isn't wildly different from Vista, I still find myself doing the "Now where is it?" thing.

And all the computers can talk to each other now! Hooray!!! He even hooked up my little mini-me baby computer to the network. Cool.

Oh, and as for the McAfee Antivirus program. I told him to absolutely do NOT reinstall it. It's time to renew the Vipre antivirus on the desktop, so I'll just get a license for both computers. It is MUCH more resource efficient!

New eyeglasses, new operating system on the computer... good changes and I'm getting used to them quickly!

0 comments: