Pages

Catching Up

After giving my dear daughter (in-law) a pep talk about blogging regularly, I realized I’d better look to my own. (Is that a beam in my eye???)

Here it is, only 10am, and I’m exhausted. I’ve been up since 6:30am, which isn’t so bad, but it’s been busy. First thing I did was fix Jess’s lunch. We’re on week two of the G.I. eating plan. In case you’re not familiar with it, that stands for Glycemic Index, NOT a military type G.I.. And I say eating plan instead of diet, because this is supposed to be a life-long change, not another starve-yourself-diet to lose weight, then gain it all back when you go off the diet.

Granted, food choices are more restricted at first if you DO want to lose weight, but the overall plan is to make a long-term change of your food choices so you eat healthy food regularly.

I’m modifying my food choices even further at first since I’m also supposed to eliminate sugar for 3 months. It’s almost impossible to have NO sugar in your diet, because for one thing, it’s difficult to be sure exactly how much sugar is in the food you buy. Sometimes labels are deceptive. Even trying to buy food as unprocessed as possible doesn’t always guarantee there aren’t any additives. (I’m writing about this soon over on the Rural Ramblings blog.)

And of course, some foods have natural sugars, and I'm supposed to avoid those too.

Also this morning, I’ve worked on my humor mailings. Monday takes the longest because I set up templates for all the mailings for the week. It’s a time-saver in the long run to do that, because once I go to a website for information – like sunrises and sunsets or holidays – I do it just once for the whole week instead of going back to several websites every day.

Next up I did the outside chores. It’s warm here today, which means it’s a good day to clean out water buckets. (I hate doing it on cold days!) That takes a while, and dumping water is tiring. Tipping over buckets doesn’t sound so bad, but it entails bending over and I stay hunched over to spray the junk off the sides and bottom of the buckets. And dumping the pools is a real killer. I do it left-handed since the thoracic pain is in my right side, but it still aggravates the all-over-my-body fibromyalgia.

After that I took a card out to the mailbox, and stopped on the way back to put a few sprigs of mint in the dirt. I’ve had them in water for weeks, and pretty soon it’s going to freeze the water and kill the mint, so I figured I’d better just GET IT DONE.

Once back inside I put some chicken in the slow cooker for supper, and now here I am.

Exhausted.

2 comments:

I would like to learn about the G.I. plan. I will keep checking your Rural Ramblings blog.

 

Actually, I was writing on the Rural Ramblings blog about the additives being put in some foods, not the G.I. plan itself. Here's the website for the g.i. diet, http://www.gidiet.com/en-us/ , and you can buy all kinds of books about it. I like it cause although they call it a diet, it's not intended for a quick fix, but to help you eat better for the rest of your life.