Pages

Happy Holidays?

Merry Christmas? Happy New Year? Really???

I feel for people who are all alone, so have no one to spend the holidays with. That has to be sad. And I feel for our military personnel far away from home and spending their Christmas on foreign soil. They have their comrades with them, so they’re not all alone, but that’s not the same as being safe at home with family. And missionaries “on the field” - they usually have at least some of their family with them, and hopefully not in a war-torn country, but they’re still far from home.

I’m home, and I have some of my family here (though only a small part). Still, I can’t get into the "spirit" of things. I don’t go to holiday parties. Socializing is too difficult physically and emotionally. I don’t see church or school or other public Christmas programs. Sitting for long periods of time in hard backed chairs just doesn’t work. Going shopping? Beyond tiring and pain provoking.

So I’m not finding too much that’s merry about Christmas, or thinking happy thoughts about the New Year. Just another couple of days, just more tasks to think about, and right now I’m tired and I hurt, so…

Merry Christmas? Happy New Year? Really??? Says who?

0 comments: