Pages

Day 15

I’m two weeks into the eliminate-the-sugar diet, and so far hanging in there, despite serious temptations. Jess bought home a 2# box of assorted Russell’s chocolates one day – a gift for me from a friend of his. The candy wasn’t a surprise, as this dear man gives me a box every year, so I was prepared and immediately tucked it away in the meat drawer of the refrigerator. I’ve got plans for that box of chocolates in 2 and a half months, ha, ha!

Going grocery shopping presents even more temptations. ‘Tis the season for chocolate covered cherries, which I dearly love. There are stacks and stacks of boxes of those luscious morsels in the aisles, but alas! Not one may pass my lips for some time yet!

Everywhere I go, there are cakes and cookies and candies lurking, ready to jump in my mouth! I hear them calling my name, a siren song of sugar seduction.

“Stand fast, stand fast, NO sugar…” has become my most oft repeated mantra.

So I continue on, and I must admit, it’s not such a constant hankering anymore. The addiction doesn’t have me so tightly in its’ grip, but still… once in a while I still get a real craving for some CHOCOLATE!!!

As for the other aspects of my needed health changes, I have yet to sit down and take the time to go through all the stuff I’m supposed to do, and set up a timetable to start doing it! That’s next up on the agenda, but for now, at least I’ve got 2 weeks down on the shake-the-sugar diet!

Stand fast, stand fast, NO sugar….

1 comments:

I'm mourning the loss of Christmas baking. It's hard and I've had more than one pity party in the last two weeks. This is hard!