Pages

Another one of those days...

You know, one of those days you wonder why you ever bothered to get out of bed. Today’s tortures included the following:

* Not being able to log into a credit card site I’ve used for months and months, years even! All of a sudden it didn’t recognize my user name and password. I thought, “Well, maybe I changed the password and didn’t remember doing it.” I tried inputting our credit card number and information like birthdate and social security number. They still didn’t believe we had an account, call the 800 number!

After wading through several sets of menu options, none of which fit the situation, I finally got a live person. Unfortunately, she didn’t know what she was doing. Eventually she gave me a different number to call so I could try someone else. They still wouldn’t believe we ever had enrolled for an online account. ARGH!!!!

I finally had to just start over and enroll us like we’d never done it before. Fixing that glitch wasted most of the morning. What a pain.

* Not being able to switch our credit card account with “Company Bogus” to another one of their accounts that allows you to earn air miles. No, once again, you have to start over and apply for a whole new credit card. What interests me even more is the account we have now charges a $20 yearly fee, and NO rewards. The one with air miles has NO yearly fee. Does that make sense?

* Not being able to remodel the bathroom as planned between Christmas and New Year’s. We went to Lowe’s today to check out what we needed to buy. It didn’t take us long to realize it was going to take more than the week and a half's time we have before Christmas to order coordinating colors for the vanity top and commode, and plan out exactly what we’re doing and what we need. I’m going to have to spend some time on the planning and Jess will just have to take time off later for this project.

* And absolutely #1 on the hit parade of Today’s Tortures - Coming out of Lowe’s and finding a ticket on the windshield of the car. It seems my Disability Placard isn’t legal. What???? I flagged down a lady driving around in the parking lot giving tickets to ask her why she gave me a ticket and showed her my placard. Turns out she wasn’t the one who gave me the ticket and after looking at my placard, she didn’t know why the other lady gave me a ticket. Within 5 days I have to either pay the ticket or go to court and contest it. Talk about a real day brightener – NOT!

* Stopping to eat lunch and getting overcharged for something I ordered, then having to fuss with the lady at the register to get it changed.

* Seeing dark clouds as we near home and realizing it’s raining and the animals can’t get into their shelters.

Talking about dark clouds, I think one of those dark jinx type clouds must have been hovering over my head today.

Sure hope tomorrow is a better day!!!

0 comments: