Pages

Molehill accomplishments for the day...

Once again, I’ve had another day with big plans but only small things got done.

The first order of the day was to go pick up the cat from the vet’s office. He was worse looking than when we took him, partly because the vet shaved off so much fur to get to the abscesses. After she cut out the necrotic tissue, it looked pretty bad. The whole procedure was hard on the cat and hard on the checkbook.

Before we let Spot out of the travel cage, we decided to make him a warmer place to stay on the front porch. Considering he has a big patch of naked skin, we don't want him to get too cold now! We found a box and old chair pad to put insdie it, and fixed it up on top of the pew out there. If he'll get in it, it should be a good protection against wind and cold.

Once Jonathan and I got that done, I headed out to do morning chores. Since it was above freezing, I figured it was a good time to scrub out some buckets and refill them. The electric heat is great to keep ice from forming, but the heated water gets pretty grungy mighty fast. I use a toilet bowl brush to scrub off the sides of the buckets. (And no, the brush was never used in a toilet!). That’s hard on the body with being bent over and that scrubbing motion irritates the thoracic neuralgia. But it needs done, so.....

Inside I did some laundry, helped Jonathan weather proof the basement door and the sidelights on either side, updated the farm website and did some other little things, and then there it was, time to do the evening chores, and now I’m sitting here trying to figure out what I’m fixing for supper. It’s been one of those days where I’ve thought about it off and on all day, but couldn’t come up with anything that sounded good that I wanted to do. I'll figure something out.

It’s also Day 2 on some new medicine, and tomorrow it will be Day 1 of new dosages for both of my thyroid meds. This might get interesting… I had to discontinue one supplement I was trying as it made me sick to my stomach. One step forward, 2 or 3 back.

But guess what? Tomorrow’s another day! How’s that for clichés?
I’ll just have to see how many molehills I can manage and keep pushing forward.

0 comments: