Pages

Turning rants to raves - update on Dad’s Printer Mailbox

I have been remiss in not updating my rant about Dad’s printer mailbox, and turning it into a rave. In my last post about it, “Ranting & Raving” on Friday, January 4th, I was complaining because I’d called customer support, and reached what I presumed was India since I was having trouble understanding the guy I talked to, and so many companies have taken to outsourcing their support to India. He definitely had an accent and I thought he sounded Indian.

But you know what they say about making assumptions. Same thing applies to presumptions I guess.

First, the update on the problems we were having. I called back later that same day to customer support, and this time I got hold of a VERY nice lady named Heather. She was easy to understand, paid attention to what I was telling her, and gave me some good advice on how to fix the printer mailbox.

One thing she told us to try was a “cheat code” which resets the machine. It worked immediately. Hooray! Dad was thrilled to have his mail printing out again.

And now today, in a surprising ‘small world’ and ‘that must be the power of search engines’ turn of events, I received an email from no less than the VP of Marketing for Presto, Mr. Radsliff. He’d read this blog, and was very nicely letting me know that Presto does NOT have a call center in India. (Remember what I said about the dangers of making presumptions!) Their customer service call center is located in Sault St. Marie, Michigan.

I’m impressed. VERY impressed.

He also wanted to help me get the problem resolved with the printer. I’m pleased I can tell him that we did indeed get the problem fixed later that day, with help from a different customer service representative. It was night and day between the two calls I made, with the second being sooooo much more helpful. Kudos to Heather! I wish I’d got her last name and could brag on her to the powers-that-be.

As with all technology, it’s frustrating when the printer mailbox is not working and you have no idea how to fix it. Fortunately, for the most part it’s very simple to use, and Dad hasn’t had any problems with it other than the one I mentioned, when it wasn’t dialing in as scheduled.

One bad call doesn’t spoil the product. I would definitely recommend the printer mailbox with the Presto Service to anyone who doesn’t want to use a computer for email. My dad is almost 82 years old, and LOVES getting email with the Presto service. He told me “It gives him something to look forward to”, and is amazed “that you can send pictures through the phone line like that.”

For my part, I’m amazed someone from Presto actually read my blog to see my comments. Those little web crawling spiders must have been busy since last Friday for it to show up on a search so soon!

So Presto Change-O once again! Dad gets email, and he’s thrilled!
And THANKS to Heather and Mr. Peter Radsliff, the Presto people that helped us out!

0 comments: