Pages

Snow and Rain

About 4pm here, it started to snow. Not the Canadian up-to-your-eyeballs kind of snow, or Maine’s up-to-your-butt kind of snow, or even Iowa’s knee-deep kind of snow. No, we get you’re-lucky-if-it-cools-your-toes kind of snow. There were just a few flurries of flakes, sometimes hard enough to make it difficult to see, but mostly just a gentle swirl of snow falling lazily earthward. A little actually stuck to the ground, but later this evening it started to rain, so bye-bye snow.

Isn't that pitiful? This is what passes for a snowfall here!

One thing I’ve discovered, snow or rain, they both cause pain. And pain slows me down, so I haven’t got near as much done today as I’d hoped to do. I always have big plans for the day. Unfortunately, the mountains of work I plan to do usually end up being mere molehills of accomplishment when the day is done.

Still, every night I go to bed with big plans of getting MORE done the next day. It gives me a goal, something to aim for. I guess it’s good to keep trying and hoping to do better.

So tomorrow, I’m going to get LOTS done!

2 comments:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! SNNNOOOOWWWWW!!!! Are you going to survive? Did you get to the store for milk & bread before the big one hit? ;)
On the other side, look at it this way: lots of molehills eventually add up to a mountain, right?

 

We managed to avoid the frenzy although there were SEVERE WINTER WEATHER watches scrolling across the tv screen all afternoon and evening. ;-) I'm sure people in Canada would laugh at our "severe winter weather."

That's what I'm hoping... my molehills eventually add up to *something*. :-P