Pages

Happy Memorial Day!

It was a rainy day so not good for putting our flag out as we usually do on Memorial Day, but that doesn’t mean we don’t think of the sacrifices our soldiers have made in years past, and continue to make today.

Otherwise, around here it was just another work day. Jonathan went off to work at Toys R Us, while Jess stayed home to get some work done on the farm. He’s been trying to make an outside corner block to use with the crown molding in the bathroom. He also did the morning critter chores, waged war with the thistles and fire ants, and otherwise wore himself out as usual.

I did a few household chores, then spent time working on setting up a new blog for "Helping Ellie Walk". I looked through pages and pages of themes for Wordpress blogs, trying to find one suitable for a child’s website. The storms kept knocking the electric off in short blips, just enough to make my desktop computer shut down since my back-up battery is dead. Very annoying, since each time I had to start over. I finally went back to using my laptop, although it crawls like a snail.

I finally found one that I thought was suitable, but wanted to make a few changes in the header, including putting a picture of Ellie on one side. Fortunately, about the time I was ready to pull my hair out, Jonathan happened to come home and saved the day. He got it figured out and showed me how to make the changes I wanted.

I’ve got the bare bones up. Now it’s time to get some of the writing done, and later, add some more features. However, tomorrow I’ll probably work on the new health food blog.

Little by little, I’m making progress.

0 comments: