Pages

Random Thoughts

Saturday is my day to catch up on some of the housework I’ve let slide through the week. Laundry is high on the list, and whatever else I can manage. I also try to clear out my email in-box and answer a few personal emails I didn’t get to, and generally tie up some odds and ends.

If I can fit it in, I try to get a little done towards clearing out or remodeling the house. Today I worked on the clearing out part, and have 3 sacks full of clothes ready for Good Will, and a couple of sacks worth of yarn ready to give a friend.

I love yarn. It sounds silly, but it hurts to get rid of it. I used to knit and crochet and make some pretty neat stuff. Not any more. Every time I try to crochet it aggravates my thoracic pain. So I figure I need to be a realist, face up to the fact I can no longer work with it and give the lovely yarn to someone who can.

While I’m puttering around doing all these things, my mind is still hopping around like frog legs in a hot frying pan, and random thoughts pop in and out of my head. Here's a small sampling:

* Who is this Asaph dude that wrote so many of the Psalms? You think of David writing Psalms, but there’s a bunch that say they were written by Asaph – so who is he?

* Is there any way I can get out of going to the Fibro Clinic, or any doctors for that matter? (Answer is negative. I can’t get any more meds until I go. Too bad I can’t write my own prescriptions.)

* Why does our family have to be so scattered in so many different directions? (Who knows?)

* Wonder what it would be like to visit Australia or New Zealand?

* Why does it have to be so hard to lose weight?

* Why do some people just refuse to be helped?

And last, and probably least….

* Reckon anybody even reads this on-line journal?

3 comments:

Well its me Tish and i,m reading it !! wool yes me too have tons of it but thankfuly i can use it up ...given a lifetime of ..Time ...and i I have bags of clothing etc to go to the Salvation Army for recycling to there shops or for the homeless in the boot of the car so surely there must be some space ..somewhere ... i,m of the opinion if i have hobbys then they take up room so i need to find a better way to disguise them !!!behind.. underneath..anywhere that looks okish and tidy i am trying to organise my clutter !!! x x xKieren

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psalms_of_Asaph

Of course, you must take that with a grain of salt (or is that... wait for it... psalt?)

 

Well, at least I know TWO people read this blog! ;-) Thanks for the comments/info.